- Caramelize the onion and garlic with the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the cans of broth, ketchup, maple syrup, peppercorns and BBQ sauce. Boil for a few minutes while stirring.
- Melt the butter in another pot; add flour and combine.
- Pour mixture into broth and combine with a whisk.
- Mix the corn starch and water; combine with other mixture.
- Cook to desired consistency. Cook longer for a thicker sauce.
- When the sauce is ready, strain through a fine to medium sieve to remove the onions and garlic.
Place fries and cheese cubes in a bowl; add sauce and enjoy!